The Ballista - Penetrating Bolt Gun
Humane. Simple. Reliable. These are qualities everyone desires in their dispatch methods. Long considered the Holy Grail of dispatch, bolt guns have all these things, but have been outside the budget of the average homesteader or hobby farmer, with most models typically cost $250 or more! Enter the Ballista penetrating bolt gun: a feat of German engineering and quality craftsmanship at a price you can stomach.
*Hardened steel penetrating bolt instantly destroys the brain like a pellet without the hazards of lead! More reliable dispatch than non-penetrating bolts.
- Corrosion resistant construction throughout for durability and easy sanitation.
- Powerful spring is durable and internally housed--no dangerous exposed rubber bands!
- Simple operation and disassembly.
- Manufacturer rated for small livestock up to 5kg live weight (roughly 11 lbs) including rabbits, cavies, chickens, geese, ducks, etc.
- Lighter and more compact than other popular models: weighs only 14.4 oz, and measures just 9" end to end!
- 4.7mm bolt diameter with exit length of 25mm and 6.7 Joules of stunning force
- Included lanyard for easy hanging and storage.
- Quiet operation; no ammunition needed.
- Made in Germany
- CLICK HERE FOR Bunny Rancher Guide PDF INSTRUCTIONS FOR RABBITS
- Diagram of rabbit placement 1
- Diagram of rabbit placement 2
- Placement for poultry (is the same as concussive methods)
- Restraining poultry
- Poultry slaughtering visual with tips
Silicone oil/grease is best for lubricant. Petroleum based products can cause the rubber stopper to swell. Silicone lubricants are rubber-safe (note: for NON-SILICONE rubbers, that is) and are food-safe.
Gently rinse after use with water and store in a dry place.
*Due to changes in the processing of international shipments we are suspending them until certain regulatory questions are answered*
We cannot control the occasional unplanned variance with mail delivery. All orders ship immediately with 24 hours upon payment.